BaslerThis item is displayed for reference only, and is not for sale.
- High bandwidth image transfer at very low CPU load
- Unified API for GigE, USB3, and IEEE 1394 cameras
- 32 bit and 64 bit Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux, OSX
- C / C++ or C#/VB .net development
The Pylon Camera Software Suite includes Pylon Viewer (for configuring cameras, viewing and saving images, and recording live video), USB Configurator (for optimizing and troubleshooting USB cameras), IP Configurator (for optimizing and troubleshooting GigE cameras), and a complete SDK for software developers. This unified suite supports nearly all Basler cameras including the ace, aviator, beat, dart, pilot, pulse, scout, scout light, runner and racer. Pylon can be used to configure Basler Camera Link cameras, but does not support image acquisition over this interface.
Basler cameras are built on today’s interface standards: GenICam, GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, IEEE 1394 and/or CameraLink. The cameras are therefore compatible with many third-party hardware and software components. Examples include Cognex VisionPro, National Instruments Vision Builder and Lab View, Matrox Imaging Library, and MVtec Halcon. Pylon also includes adapters for interfacing with software that supports DirectShow and TWAIN.
Using third-party software for camera communication is often expedient, especially when custom image processing is required. However, there are a couple reasons you may consider using Pylon. First, Pylon Viewer is a quick way to configure and test a camera. Second, Pylon offers complete access to all camera settings, while most third-party software supports just a subset. And third, most other software has a license fee, while Pylon is free. Many volume customers therefore choose to use the Basler Pylon API to communicate with Basler cameras.
Download your free copy from our Resources tab above.
Links for downloading recent versions are on the Resources tab. Linux, OSX, and older versions can be downloaded from www.baslerweb.com.
- Introduction to Pylon (video)
- Pylon Datasheet (PDF)
- Pylon Release Notes 5.0.0 (txt)
- Download Pylon 5.0.0 for Windows (Log On or register to access link.)
- Pylon Deployment Guide (PDF) (Log On or register to access link.)
- Camera Setup Guide for Pylon 5.X (PDF) (Log On or register to access link.)
- Compatibility with Third Party Software (PDF)
- Building Pylon Application on Raspberry Pi (PDF)
- Pylon Release Notes 5.0.5 (txt)
- Download Pylon 5.0.5 for Windows (Log On or register to access link.)